Email: service@sicas.cnSkype: SICAS-ChinaTel/Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-15318861816 |Tel: +86-053258538888-8009 русский
New Changes in Visa & Residence Permit Application

The “Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China” which came into force on July 1, 2013 brought some new changes. 

1. Applicant for Residence Permit must make application IN PERSON at the police station EVERY TIME when applying for the Residence Permit.

2. Calculation of the Residence Permit: Applicant must make application 30 days before the expiry date (i.e. send application to your university about 40 days before the expiry date).

3. The Visa/Residence Permit of Study Type: the minimum duration applied for is 180 days (half a year). You may apply for once a short time visa (S Type Visa; less than 180 days) when you finish your study here and go back to your home country.

4. Only X1 Visa is eligible to apply for a student’s Residence Permit. Other types of visa are not applicable in this case. X2 Visa is used for leaving China only; cannot be converted into other types of visa.

5. If any of your relatives come to visit you, you should report to the Police Station; if there is no significant/serious reason for leaving China, no report is required when your relative leaves China. Dropping-out or quitting-school students must report to the Police Station when leaving China.

6. Part-time Work: foreign students are permitted to do part-time work in China now. The university should issue a Consent Letter; the hiring unit/company should issue a Certification; the police station will then mark on your visa “Part-time-work; Part-time-study”. The hiring unit/company cannot be changed;  expect high amount of fine if you violate this law.

7. Illegal Residence: you will be charged RMB¥500/day, maximum RMB¥10,000 in total,  if there is a detention of more than 5 days but less than 15 days.

8. The Visa & Residence Permit processing time is longer now. You will probably get your passport again 20 days after you make the application.