bridge to study in china|Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-15318861816 |Tel:+86-053258538888-8009 |русскийNew version


Registration As an international student, you should hold a civilian passport. If you hold a passport of other categories such as a diplomatic, business passport or special passport, you will need to present a note from your country's diplomatic mission in China and go through the necessary formalities at the Public Security Bureau in China . In this case, you would not enjoy the same pertinent privileges or treatment during your study in China . You should register at the school on the designated date carrying with you your “Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China ” and “Admission Notice from SJTU”. From the second semester on, you only need to present your student ID for registration. If you are not able to register on schedule, you should send a written explanation to the school at least one week before the semester begins. Failure to do so will be deemed as quitting school and you will automatically lose your student status. The offer of accommodation will be withdrawn by the school. The following things should be taken care of before the registration: 1) Obtaining a health re-examination certificate from Shanghai Health and Epidemic-Prevention Center ;. 2) Paying tuition and accommodation fees. 3) Making a room deposit for articles lent for dorm use. 4) Submitting 8 passport-sized photos. If you have received an offer for the student dorm, you should check in to the dorm. You will get your SJTU International Student ID after registration. In case it is lost, you may apply for a new one, but will need to pay a service charge of RMB20. Hand in your passport, health certificate and relevant fees to the Office of the School of International Education (the “office”) within the designated time so that the office can apply on your behalf for your “Residence Card for Foreigners” at the Shanghai Public Security Bureau collectively. Otherwise, you will have to go to the Bureau in person to apply for the card. The School will hold an opening ceremony to welcome the new students before the semester starts and will explain to the students the rules and regulations of the School as well as pertinent Chinese laws. Before the semester starts, the School will announce the information regarding the division of students into different classes and school timetable at the bulletin boards in the lecture building, the student dorm, as well as in the office of the school. Such information will also be released online. If you find the class you are in does not fit with your Chinese level, you may go to the Office of Educational Affairs to request for a transfer to another class within two weeks of the semester starting. You cannot change classes by yourself, and such deed is invalid. Payment of Tuition Fee Tuition fee should be paid in full at the registration of every new semester. You are not allowed to register if you fail to pay the tuition fee at the designated time. If you wish to prolong your study in the school, you should apply in the 16 th week (only one week's time) of the present semester and you are required to make an advance payment of RMB 1000. The advance payment can be used as part of the tuition fee if you continue your study at the school the following semester. If your advanced payment is made after the 16 th week, you must still pay additional RMB 450 besides RMB ¥ 1000. Refund of Tuition Fee 1. The students who have already processed the “Residence Card for Foreigners” should change the expiry date of the “Residence Card for Foreigners” before refund. RMB 1000 should be deducted in the refund fee. And the remaining part should be dealt with according to Article 5. 2. You can get a 75% refund of the tuition paid if you want to quit school within two weeks after the date of the opening ceremony, a 50% refund within three weeks and no refund 3 weeks beyond. Before you can get the refund, you must fill out the application form for quitting school and have it approved. You must return the tuition fee receipt when requesting a refund. 3. 1)Asking for quitting school in the 20 th week If the “Residence Card for Foreigners” is not processed, the entire tuition fee will be refunded. If the “Residence Card for Foreigners” is processed, RMB 1000 will be deducted. 2)Asking for quitting school in the 21st week. If the “Residence Card for Foreigners” is not processed, only the enrollment fee will be deducted. If the “Residence Card for Foreigners” is processed, a full RMB 1000 will be deducted. 3)If you ask for quitting school after the opening ceremony, you should follow the directions in Article 4. 4.Enrollment fee is non-refundable.