Email:service@sicas.cn|Skype:SICAS-China|Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-15318861816 |Tel:+86-053258538888-8009 |русскийNew version
About XISU


Established in 1952 with the name of Northwest Russian College, Xi’an International Studies University (XISU) is the only university in northwest China conducting a complete range of foreign language programs. It was renamed as Xi’an Foreign Languages University in 1958. In 1979, the University started taking in postgraduate students. In 1986, with the authorization of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council, it acquired the right to grant master’s degrees. In February 2006, upon the approval of the Ministry of Education, the University changed its name to Xi’an International Studies University.

 

Development over the past fifty-odd years has facilitated XISU’s transformation from a university focusing only on foreign language education to a teaching-research university with coordinated and balanced programs in international studies, humanities, social studies, management as well as natural sciences. XISU is now an important foreign languages education base, playing an irreplaceable role in foreign language teaching and research in western China and China as a whole.

 

The University covers an area of 262 acres, with a floor space of 679,000 square meters. It is well equipped with advanced teaching devices like multimedia network classrooms, language laboratories, computer clusters, laboratories for simultaneous interpretation, mock guided tour laboratories and laboratories for news editing. With an advanced satellite receiving system, students in XISU can watch television programs broadcast in different languages. Our computerized library offers access to an extensive digital database of academic journals