Email: service@sicas.cnTel/Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-15318861816 |Tel: +86-053258538888-8009 русскийNew version

Living on Campus

If you study in China, living on campus could be your frist choice. Frist, it's very safe and will set your 
relatives' mind at rest. Secondly, it's relative economical. The cost on accommodation is lower than 
other ways. Thirdly, it gives you more chance to make friends and get to know more about China. 
Because most Chinese students choose living in the dormitories on campus. Meanwhile Chinese 
universities will provide special dormitories for international students.

These special dormitories are usually equipped with completed facilities including internet access, 
TV, basic furniture, toilet, telephone or even kitchens. Universities in the north also provide heaters 
in winter. Usually there are single-room, double-room and three-room dormitories for foreign students.
The students can choose what they like. And the prices vary greatly from 20 RMB/day to 100 RMB/day
determined by different universities and different types of dormitories.


SICAS Reminder: 

1.You can email to to reserve your room on campus if you have received the 
admission letter of a Chinese university through SICAS and have got your visa. 

2.You can find out specific costs for each university's on campus accommodation on the university's 
page (click on the 'Accommodation' button on the left navigation bar).


Besides, you can get all kinds of services such as shopping, dining, laundries, entertainment, ATM 
etc while living on campus.


Living off Campus


If you want a more independent life, you can also choose living off campus. It can make you easier 
to integrate to Chinese life and culture. Renting a flat or joining in a local homestay family depends
on you.


Where to find a flat

Most universities and colleges in Nanjing are located in Xianlin,Jiangpu and Jiangning District. So if 
you study in Nanjing, you'd better rent a flat in these districts. If you rent a single room, 300~500CNY 
per month will be enough; as to a flat with 2 rooms needs 1000~1500CNY per month; and a flat with 
3 rooms needs 1500~2000CNY per month.


How to find a flat

You can search online,and it's will save your time and gets you the latest news. The popular websites
ganji, haozu ect.. 
If you are not good at Chinese, ask your Chinese classmates or teacher 
for help. Both of them will help you with pleasure. Or you can email, SICAS will 
provide professional guide for you.


You can also find real estate agencies to help you find a suitable flat. It save a lot of trouble for you, but
they will charge you half of one month’s rent each, or more!  Here are some creditworthy real estate 
agencies in China:


Yingbin Real Estate  迎宾房产中介服务部

Add: No44,Daguang Road,Nanjing  南京市大光路44号  

Tel: (025)84605562 


Duanduan Real Estate  端瑞房产中介

Add: Gulou District, Nanjing   江苏省南京市鼓楼区  

Tel: (025)84720041 

Puwang Real Estate  普旺房产中介

Add: No 84,Hujubei Road  虎踞北路84号  

Tel: (025)83901681 


Homestay/Au pair


It might be a little difficult for a foreign student to live in a total new environment all by himself or herself, 
and it is not easy to find a perfect house or apartment either. As a matter of fact, SICAS offers homestay/
Au pair arrangement service for foreign students. The Chinese meaning of Homestay is “Living in a local 
family”; means foreigners live in typical Chinese families when they are studying, working or travelling in 
China. In this way, international students are able to know more about Chinese culture, custom and life 
style. Besides, if you come to China to study Mandarin, to know about the real Chinese Culture, or to do
kinds of internship in China, SICAS homestay/Au pair program is the best choice.


All the host families are well-chosen by SICAS thus they all have nice house/apartment and are very kind-hearted. For SICAS conducts a thorough interview and security check, our hosts are particularly excited 
and welcoming toward foreigners. Students can have their private room with all the necessary appliances
like Internet access, telephone, iron, etc. in a host family. As a fully integrated family member you will 
participate in the daily ins and outs of Chinese living including eating meals together, watching TV, and 
bargain shopping. Should you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask your family! They 
welcome questions from curious students and travelers. Our staff will also be available at all times to 
assist you if necessary.


The prices of living in a host family vary based on the house/apartment condition and relevant services 
and the type of your homestay/au pair. Generally speaking, it costs a foreign student RMB 50—150 per day 
living with a local family.


The following are the general steps to apply for a homestay in China through SICAS:


1. fill out the homestay/au pair application form (click to download 下载表格) and send it to
2. SICAS will reply you within 10 working days on arranging a homestay family depends on applicants’ 

3. Applicants will make payment and sign a contract with host family through SICAS within 20 days if both of the 
two sides agree.