bridge to study in china|Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-15318861816 |Tel:+86-053258538888-8009 |русскийNew version


Making Phone Calls
1. International student dormitory provides each room with telephone service which enabling students to make either local or long distance calls. Students need to buy phone cards and the fees are to be paid for by themselves.
2. IC telephones and cards are available on campus.
3. Off-campus direct dialing to the dormitory rooms is also available. For international callers, the number is 0086-731- extension number.
4. Important Numbers: 
Free direct-dialing special telephone service:      
Fire Alarm:119      
First-Aid Station:120      
Public Security Emergency:110      
Telephone Repair:112      
Telephone Inquiry:114
Self-financed students and exchange students can seek either on-campus or off-campus medical treatment, and all costs are at their own expense. 
Major hospitals around HunanNormalUniversity are: The Forth Hospital of Changsha: 0731-8888120, 8882201 XiangyaHospital: 0731-4328888
Change Money
In Changsha, foreign currency can be exchanged to RMB at banks. These banks are: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, Merchants Bank of China, China Communications Bank.
Goods of any kind are available in Changsha. If you want ordinary goods, go to TongPlaza, which is not far from university. If you want medium or high grade goods, you can go to Huangxing Street
, the center of Changsha city. If you want articles for everyday use, you can purchase them at Xinyijia Supermarket, as well as supermarkets run by foreign corporations, such as Metro and Carrefour.
Residence Permits
Visa Types and Points for Attention
1) X visa. Students with an X visa must apply for their residence permit within 30 days of entry in China. A physical examination is required when applying for the Residence Permit.
2)  F visa. Students with an F visa are not required to hold a residence permit. “Intended days of stay” in the visa decides their days of stay in China. To prolong one’s stay, students must go to police station to apply for an extension 10 days before the expiration of their visa.
3) L visa. Students who come to China with an L visa must obtain an X student visa before applying for their residence permit, or else they can only stay in China only within the valid period defined in their L visa.
4) According to China’s laws, international students, when going out, must carry with them their passports and other credentials to prove their legal status in China, in case public security departments check and ask for identification.
5) Students, who transfer to HNNU from other schools in China, if they have had their residence permits issued by China’s public security departments, must first go to the entry-exit section of the previous public security department to obtain their emigration permits. Within 10 days arrival at HNNU they must go with our school’s letter of verification, to the police station to register.

The following materials are required:
a.Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202)
b.A copy of passport and visa
c.Residence Application Form
d.Verification of Temporary Accommodation
e.Notification of Admission issued by school
f.Physical Examination Certificate
g.One passport photo
h.400 yuan per year for the Residence Permit

1.From the Railway Station to HNNU, you may take
1)Bus Lishan, tourism NO. 1 or NO. 202 may take you directly to HNNU. Note: All the buses mentioned above are self-served ( no conductors), which requires you to prepare exact change on hand.
2)Taxi it will cost you 20yuan to get to the campus. 
2. From the airport to HNNU, you may take
1) The airport bus to the Railway Station.
2). A Taxi, and it will cost you about 150yuan to get to the campus.