Email: service@sicas.cnSkype: SICAS-ChinaTel/Whatsapp: +86-15318861816русский
Useful Tips

1. "Yi Ka Tong" on-campus Card: Yangzhou University offers the “Yi Ka Tong ” card services. This card can be used as identity authentication (when using available on-campus facilities), library card, and shopping in on-campus stores, canteen, or restaurants in all the campuses of Yangzhou University.   >>> How to apply?

2. Shopping: On-campus stores and off-campus small or bigger stores are available and close to the living quarter. For the newcomers, this will meet the immediate needs. After you stay in the city for a while, you will find many big supermarkets, department stores, and special stores, where you can get things made in China, as well as things imported from outside China. There is no short of your home-country food. In some stores, you can bargain.

3. Dining: There is at least one students' cafeteria in each YZU's campus.

4. Telephone Service: Telephone is already installed in the apartment or dormitory. You can make local or long-distance and even international call after you purchase a prepaid telephone card available in stores. A cell phone has been considered a necessity and often offers a reasonably lower phone service rate. Cell phones and SIM cards are also available in on-campus stores. After you purchase the cell phone and an SIM card, you can register a local cell phone number.

5. Internet Service: Internet access is available in on-campus apartment or dormitory room. You can use the Internet services after you register your own account and prepay the service fees. There are also internet bars near the campus.

6. Transportation: Several highways across the city make it the city easily accessible. Starting from 6:00 o'clock everyday, every one hour, there is highway buses to Shanghai. The whole journey takes about three hours. One-hour bus will take you to Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu Province. The Yangzhou-Beijing direct non-stop train offers a comfortable and convenient trip which only  takes about 10 hours.     (More Travel Information)

7. Police Station: Police station is responsible for the application and extension of Residence Permit and visa.

8. Crime and Penalties: You are subject to the law of China when you are in China. Penalties for drug offenses are very strict, and convicted offenders can expect lengthy jail. Drug and alcohol policy remains the same as with most countries.

9. Emergency Contact Phone Numbers:
             Theft: 110
             Fire:   119
             Traffic Accident:  122
             Medical Service: 120

10. Banking Services: Ren Min Bi (RMB) is the only accepted currency in the People's Republic of China. The main unit of RMB is the yuan (jiao/mao=0.1; fen=0.01). RMB is printed or coined in the following forms: 100 yuan, 50 yuan, 10 yuan, 5 yuan, 2 yuan (very few in use), 1 yuan, 5 jiao, 2 jiao, 1 jiao, 5 fen, 2 fen, and 1 fen.

11. The following foreign currencies may be easily exchanged into RMB: English pound, Hong Kong dollar, U.S. dollar, Euro, Japanese yen, Canadian dollar, Australian dollar, etc.

12. There is a lot of bank branches around the campuses, and currency exchange and savings account services are available. Do not exchange money on the street, which is not only unsafe, but also is at the risk of being ripped off. Exchanging currency requires presenting one's passport or residence permit. For specific questions, you should inquire bank clerks.