With the purpose of recruiting and encouraging excellent foreign students to study in Zhejiang, Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students (hereinafter referred to as ZGSFS) is established.
1. What requirements do applicants need to meet?
1) It is demanded that those applying for a master’s scholarship should hold a bachelor’s degree diploma or equivalent study ability; Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors; younger than 35 years old;
2) It is demanded that those applying for a doctoral scholarship should hold a master’s degree diploma or equivalent study ability; Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors; younger than 40 years old;
Applicants who apply for an undergraduate scholarship should own China’s senior high school graduate certificate or equivalent study ability; younger than 30 years old;
1) Applicants are demanded to have excellent performance, comply with the school rules without being absent from class and obey China’s laws and regulation;
2) Applicants are demanded to be non-Chinese citizens, hold foreign passports, be friendly with Chinese people, and be in good physical condition
3) Applicants are expected to be the top candidates in the class or in the grade.
4) Applicants are expected to prove that they hold the relevant Chinese proficiency, such as HSK certificate, other Chinese study and exam certificate. Some English medium programs can relax conditions.
5) Applicants are forbidden to apply other Chinese Government Scholarships simutaneous.
2.Who can apply for scholarship?
2.Who can apply for scholarship?
International students who will come to study in Zhejiang Province, including graduates, undergraduates and long term advanced studying candidates (above one year)
3. What application materials do the applicants need?
The application materials are expected to be in duplicate: application documents should be filled out according to the requirements of Scholarship A, Scholarship B or Scholarship C, and strictly according to the facts. Applicants should hand in the application documents within the specified time.
1) Recommendation from graduate school, in Chinese or English version.
2) Filling out Application Form for International Students Studying in Zhengjiang Province in Chinese or English.
3) Copy of passport.
4) Copies of the notarized diploma and transcripts.
5) Health certificate
4. What are the rates of scholarship?
Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship falls into three categories: Scholarship A, Scholarship B, Scholarship C. The details are as follows:
RMB 30,000 each year.
This aims to sponsor excellent international students applying for a master’s degree or doctoral degree study. It covers the fees of registration, tuition, basic teaching materials and accommodation, and critical illness and accident insurance are included.
RMB 20,000 each year.
This aims to sponsor excellent international students who apply for undergraduate programs. It covers the fees of registration, tuition, basic teaching materials, and critical illness and accident insurance are included.
RMB 6,000 each year.
This aims to reward those exellent ones with fine qualities and scholarly abilities who are studying a long term advanced program in the universities of Zhejiang province. The students will receive the reward one-off time.
5. How can applicants select institutions and specialties?
Applicants may choose them from the Chinese institutions of higher education in Zhejiang. Applicants are expected to check the details or submit the application forms to the institutions directly.
6. What are the application procedures and timing?
●It is accessible for all qualified international students to apply to the university you are or will be studying at directly.
●Application time: from January to May each year.
●Applications are accepted once a year, those who are qualified can apply year by year.
7. Approval and Notification
1) All the application materials will be reviewed by the institutions of higher education in Zhejiang and the application materials of qualified applicants for the scholarship will be forwarded to the Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship so that International Students can make a further review.
2) Providing applicants are not qualified or the application materials are incomplete or are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations, the application will be treated as invalid and will not be left unprocessed.
3) The Scholarship Letter, the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China will be sent to the applicants who will be officially confirmed as Scholarship students three months before the opening of new academic year by the institutions.
4) The schools will review the academic performance of each scholarship recipient every year. The scholarship recipient would not be entitled to be awarded the scholarship if he or she does not observe Chinese law and regulations, violates the school regulations or the relevant rules and guidelines of the Zehjiang Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students.
8. Contact Details
Address: Foreign Affairs Office of Zhejiang Province Office of Education, Wenhui Road No. 321, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang, China